Willkommen auf den Seiten des Auswärtigen Amts

FAQ: Language courses and academic studies



The course has to be an intensive language course with daily classes, comprising at least 18 hours per week. Evening or weekend courses are not sufficient.

  • Please find the list of required documents here

Yes. Please state this intention when you apply for the visa so that you get a visa for both the language course and academic studies.

Tuition fees usually don’t exist at public universities. However, there are certain administrative fees that may differ according to the Land and the university. Please contact the university of your choice for Information.

Yes, there are some scholarship programmes for foreigners in Germany. You can find further information here: DAAD.

You can apply for a visa as an applicant for a university if you plan on staying in Germany for more than 90 days or if you need a visa for short-term stays due to your nationality.

Please see the list of required documents here.

Please see the list of required documents here

The Studienkolleg functions as a “bridge” institution that will help you to adapt to the German academic culture. For this purpose the Studienkolleg offers specific preparatory classes for foreign university applicants.

  • Two fully completed application forms and declaration duly signed
  • Valid passport (+2 copies of the ID page)
  • Two recent passport photographs with clear background (not older than 6 months, 3.5 x 4.5 cm)
  • Proof of enrollment
  • Acceptance letter of a German University and proof of knowledge of teaching language according to the acceptance letter
  • Proof of means of support, e.g.:
    • Blocked account (see information sheet on blocked accounts) or
    • Letter of acceptance for a scholarship (at least the same amount, that is requiered for the blocked account) or
    • Formal Obligation from Germany

The documents need to be handed in personally and in original at the consular section of the German Embassy in Seoul. In individual cases, you may be required to provide additional documents.

Please always submit the original documents.

맨 위로