Willkommen auf den Seiten des Auswärtigen Amts
For the visa application the following documents need to be handed in personally at the visa section of the German Embassy in Seoul.
- 2 filled out and signed application forms
- Valid passport (the original will be returned to you after application) + 2 copies of the identification pages
- Proof of Korean residence permit (Alien Registration Card) + 2 copies of it
- Two recent passport photographs not older than 6 months (white background – 3.5 x 4.5 cm)
- Acceptance letter of a German University
- Proof of funding, e.g.:
- confirmation of scholarship (at least 720 € per month, this equals to an amount of 8640 € per year) or
- blocked account or
- official declaration of financial support (“Verpflichtungserklärung“)
- The documents will be forwarded to the competent aliens authority in Germany at the intended place of stay. The Embassy may only issue a visa with the consent of the competent German aliens authority.
- The average visa processing time takes 4-8 weeks, sometimes longer. The Embassy recommends to hand in the documents early.
- The visa application fee is 75 Euros and is to be paid cash in KRW on application according
to the current exchange rate. If the visa is refused or the application withdrawn by the applicant, the visa fee will not be reimbursed.
- Please note that there is no legal right to a visa. Submitting the above mentioned documents does not automatically guarantee the issuance of the visa.
- The Embassy can only issue a visa for 3 months. The extension of the residence permit Needs to be applied for at the local foreigners authority after entry into Germany.
Information in accordance with Art. 13 and 14 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation)
If you want to study in Germany (study, apply for a study, pre-study language course) you have to submit proof that your financial means are adequate for that purpose. One way of proving sufficient…