Willkommen auf den Seiten des Auswärtigen Amts
Check the requirements for Study visa.
For the visa application the following documents need to be handed in personally and in original at the visa section of the German Embassy in Seoul.
- 2 filled out and signed application forms (online / PDF)
- Valid passport + 2 copies of the identification pages. The passport should be valid for at least 3 month after expiring date of the visa.
- Proof of Korean residence permit (Alien Registration Card), if applicable + 2 copies of it
- Two recent passport photographs not older than 6 months (white background – 3.5 x 4.5 cm)
- Acceptance letter of a German University and proof of knowledge of teaching language according to the acceptance letter
- Motivation letter
- evidence of prior study performances (if any)
- Proof of funding, e.g.:
- blocked account or
- confirmation of scholarship (at least the same amount, that is requiered for the blocked account) or
- official declaration of financial support from Germany(“Verpflichtungserklärung“)
- Proof of private health insurance. You can use the German "incoming" health insurance. A travel insurance will not be sufficient.
In individual cases the submission of additional documents might be necessary.
- The documents will be forwarded to the competent aliens authority in Germany at the intended place of stay. The Embassy may only issue a visa with the consent of the competent German aliens authority.
- The average visa processing time takes 4-8 weeks, sometimes longer. The Embassy recommends to hand in the documents early.
- The visa application fee is 75 Euros and is to be paid on application in cash in KRW (at current exchange rate) or with Visa/MasterCard in Euro. If the visa is refused or the application withdrawn by the applicant, the visa fee will not be reimbursed.
- Please note that there is no legal right to a visa. Submitting the above mentioned documents does not automatically guarantee the issuance of the visa.
내용 더 보기
Information in accordance with Art. 13 and 14 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation)
If you want to study in Germany (study, apply for a study, pre-study language course) you have to submit proof that your financial means are adequate for that purpose. One way of proving sufficient…