Willkommen auf den Seiten des Auswärtigen Amts
For the visa application the following documents need to be handed in personally and in original at the consular section of the German Embassy in Seoul.
- 2 filled out and signed application forms (online / PDF)
- valid passport (the original will be returned to you after application) + 2 copies of the identification pages)
- two recent passport photographs not older than 6 months(light background – 3,5x 4,5 cm)
- confirmation of the registration for a German language course that comprises at least 18 hours of language training per week (e.g. registration document, invoice showing that a down payment has been made)
- Detailed motivation letter containing information regarding the intended duration and goal (B1, C1,...) as well as previous studies of German language, if applicable
- Proof of private health insurance. You can use the German "incoming" health insurance. A travel insurance will not be sufficient.
- Proof of sufficient financial means, e.g.:
- blocked account or
- confirmation of scholarship (at least the same amount, that is requiered for the blocked account) or
- formal obligation from Germany
In individual cases the submission of additional documents might be necessary.
- During the duration of the language course it is not allowed to pursue a gainful occupation.
- Due to the shortness of a language course it usually is out of the question that spouses and/or children accompany or join the principal visa holder.
- The usual visa processing time will take approximately four weeks. In individual cases the processing time might exceed this time frame. Therefore we recommend to hand in the application as soon as possible.
- The visa processing fee is 75 € and is to be paid on application in cash in KRW (at current exchange rate) or with Visa/MasterCard in Euro. If the visa is refused or the application withdrawn by the applicant, the visa fee cannot be reimbursed.
- Please note that there is no legal right to a visa. Submitting the above mentioned documents does not automatically guarantee the issuance of the visa. The decision whether a visa will be issued also depends on the consent of the competent German aliens authority.
Information in accordance with Art. 13 and 14 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation)
If you want to study in Germany (study, apply for a study, pre-study language course) you have to submit proof that your financial means are adequate for that purpose. One way of proving sufficient…