Willkommen auf den Seiten des Auswärtigen Amts
Please hand in personally the documents set forth hereunder at the consular section of the Embassy in Seoul.
- two application forms duly completed and signed
- valid passport (and 2 copies of the identification pages)
- two recent passport photographs not older than 6 months(light background – 3,5x4,5 cm)
- valid Korean Alien Registration Card if applicable
- two copies of the employment contract with the German employer including the usual specifications regarding type of work, duties, working hours, monthly salary, information on social security, duration of contract etc.
- invitation letter (original) of the German employer including the employer's address and contact person in Germany
- proof of your qualification (university degrees, trainings, job experience)
- curriculum vitae
In individual cases submission of additional documents might be necessary.
- The visa procedure takes usually at least eight weeks. An early application is therefore recommended.
- The visa application fee is 75 Euros and is to be paid cash in KRW (at current exchange rate) on application. If the visa is refused or the application withdrawn by the applicant, the visa fee cannot be reimbursed.
- A decision on the application will only be made after consultation with the competent foreigners authority and the Federal Employment Office in Germany. In case of approval the Embassy will issue a visa for three months. An extension of the residence and work permit can be obtained at the competent foreigners authority in Germany.
There is no legal claim to a work permit!