Willkommen auf den Seiten des Auswärtigen Amts
Check out the visa requirements for work permit.
For the visa application the following documents need to be handed in personally and in original at the consular section of the German Embassy in Seoul.
- two application forms (online / PDF) duly completed and signed
- valid passport (and 2 copies of the identification pages). The passport should be valid for at least 3 month after expiring date of the visa.
- two recent passport photographs not older than 6 months(light background – 3,5x4,5 cm)
- Proof of Korean residence permit (Alien Registration Card), if applicable + 2 copies of it
- two copies of the employment contract with the German employer, if available
- original and two copies of the “Erklärung zum Beschäftigungsverhältnis” (Declaration of employment form) completed and signed by the employer; in case of assignment in addition this annex
- invitation letter (original) of the German employer including the employer's address and contact person in Germany
- proof of your qualification (university degrees, trainings, job experience)
- curriculum vitae
In individual cases submission of additional documents might be necessary.
- The visa procedure takes usually 4-6 weeks, but can also be shorter or longer depending on the individual case. An early application is therefore recommended.
- The visa application fee is 75 Euros and is to be paid on application in cash in KRW (at current exchange rate) or with Visa/MasterCard in Euro. If the visa is refused or the application withdrawn by the applicant, the visa fee cannot be reimbursed.
- A decision on the application will only be made after consultation with the competent foreigners authority and the Federal Employment Office in Germany. After the entry with a visa, an extension of the residence and work permit can be obtained at the competent foreigners authority in Germany.
There is no legal claim to a work permit!
Information in accordance with Art. 13 and 14 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation)