Willkommen auf den Seiten des Auswärtigen Amts
Please hand in personally the documents set forth hereunder at the consular section of the Embassy in Seoul.
- two application forms duly completed and signed
- valid passport (and 2 copies of the identification pages)
- two recent passport photographs, not older than 6 months(light background – 3,5 x 4,5 cm)
- documents proving the relationship (e.g. marriage/birth certificate), Original and German translation if applicable:
- e. g. Korean Certificate of Marital Status with “Apostille“ in case of reunion with spouse,
Korean Familiy Certificate with “Apostille“ in case of reunion with child/ren etc.
- other pertinent documents
(Apostille, legalisation or verification procedure might be necessary in individual cases)
- copy of the passport of the relative/spouse living in Germany; in case the relative/spouse does not have the German citizenship a copy of the German residence permit needs to be submitted
- proof of basic knowledge of German language (please check separate leaflet); normally not required in case of reunion with a child under age
In individual cases the submission of additional documents might be necessary.
- The visa procedure takes approximately eight weeks. An early application is therefore recommended.
- The visa application fee is 75 Euros and is to be paid cash in KRW (at current exchange rate) on application. If the visa is refused or the application withdrawn by the applicant, the visa fee cannot be reimbursed.
- In case of reunion with a German or EU citizen a fee will not be charged.
- The Embassy may only issue a visa with the consent of the competent foreigners authority in Germany.
- Citizens of the Republic of Korea may enter Germany without a visa and apply for the residence permit within 90 days after arrival in Germany at the local foreigners authority. Prior consultation with the foreigners authority is recommended.