Willkommen auf den Seiten des Auswärtigen Amts
For the visa application the following documents have to be handed in personally and in original at the consular section of the German Embassy in Seoul.
- 2 application forms (online / PDF) duly filled out and signed
- valid passport (the original will be returned to you after application) + 2 copies of the identification pages. The passport should be valid for at least 3 month after expiring date of the visa.
- Proof of Korean residence permit (Alien Registration Card), if applicable + 2 copies of it
- two recent passport photographs not older than 6 months (white background – 3.5 x 4.5 cm)
- Proof of basic knowledge of the German language
- Motivation letter
- Au Pair contract, with a mainly German speaking family or from an Au Pair agency * contract sample
In individual cases the submission of additional documents might be necessary.
- The duration of the Au Pair trip must be at least 6 and maximum 12 months.
- You need to be at least 18 years old (you can apply at the age of 17 when you turn 18 before you start your trip). You must not be older than 26 years on the day of application.
- It is not possible to apply more than 6 months before you start your trip.
- The visa officer may conduct a short interview in order to test your basic knowledge of the German language.
- Visa processing takes about 6-8 weeks. So please apply as early as possible.
- The visa application fee is 75 Euros and is to be paid on application in cash in KRW (at current exchange rate) or with Visa/MasterCard in Euro. If the visa is refused or the application withdrawn by the applicant, the visa fee will not be reimbursed.
- There is no legal title for the assignation of a visa, even if the documentation is complete. The decision whether a visa will be issued also depends on the consent of the local German aliens authority.