Willkommen auf den Seiten des Auswärtigen Amts
The Transit Visa category A is for applicants who will stopover at a German international airport (Frankfurt, Munich or Hamburg) and continue their travel to a final destination outside the Schengen area. The transit visa A does not entitle the visa holder to leave the international transit area of the airport.
The Schengen countries include:
Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.
The countries that need a airport transit visa in Germany include: Ethiopia, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Eritrea, Ghana, India, Iran, Iraq, Jordan (with exceptions), Democratic Republic of the Congo, Lebanon, Mali, Myanmar, Nigeria, Pakistan, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Sudan, South Sudan, Syria, and Turkey.
- Valid passport with an expiry date of at least three months after expiry date of the visa plus one copy of the identification pages
- One duly filled in and signed application form
- Two recent colour passport photographs; photographs have to meet the following requirements:
- size 35 mm x 45 mm
- light background
- taken without head coverings (head coverings are only acceptable due to religious beliefs, and even then, may not cover any portion of the applicant’s face
- picture has to be taken from the front
- any changes or modifications of the photograph are not allowed
- Korean Alien Registration Card (must be valid until at least three months after the expiry date of the visa) plus one copy
- Return flight ticket reservation showing the ongoing travel to the country of your destination
- Visa issued by the country of your final travel destination (in case you need a visa for this Country)
Please note that these are the standard required documents. The Embassy maintains the right to ask for further documents or information if necessary.
- The visa processing time will take approximately five (5) working days.
- The visa fee is 60 Euros and is to be paid in cash in KRW on application according to the current exchange rate or with Visa/MasterCard in Euro. If the visa is refused or the application withdrawn by the applicant, the visa fee will not be reimbursed. In some cases the visa fee is reduced or exempted. For further information on visa fees, click here.
- The visa applicant needs to apply at the Embassy in person. Children must be accompanied by their legal guardians (generally both parents).
- Please note that there is no legal right to a visa. Submitting the above mentioned documents does not automatically guarantee the issuance of the visa.
- From October 12, 2015 all visa applicants above 12 years of age have to give fingerprints in order for their application to be processed.
- Please note that the fingerprints are saved electronically for 59 months.